FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT TRAINING
Our performance training programs incorporate the FMS™ for screening movement inefficiencies. The system utilizes screening tools based upon common movements to predict where weakness exists in athletes. Our therapists will use this screen to then design and implement specific exercises or drills to reduce injury risk and to increase athletic performance. These classes build on technique and strength foundations.
- Research shows participation in a preventative warm up routine that includes strength, motor control, agility and balance can reduce overall injury by 30%. (Donald T Kirkendall et al;)
- Injury prevention programs can reduce overall non-contact injuries by 50% in females aged 13-18 and 40% in males 14-19. (Mario Bizzini and Jiri Dvorak)
- Athletes with an FMS™ composite score at 14 or below combined with a self-reported past history of injury were at a 15 times increased risk for injury. (Michael Garrison et al.)
TAILORED FOR SOCCER AND VOLLEYBALL ACL INJURY REDUCTION AND ENHANCement of ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE
- Level 1 individual and group class will be based on individual FMS™ scores.
- The level 1 class will include individual warm-ups, group and partner drills, jump and movement based training techniques, agility program and proper strength training techniques.
- Classes will be held at Hudsonville Physical Therapy or Team Practice Facility.
- Level 2 Foundations class builds on level 1 technique and begins to add the element of repetition under load.
***We partner with Allendale Varsity Volleyball and IMPACT DYNAMIC VOLLEYBALL CLUB to provide FMS testing and injury reduction training***